Wednesday, January 20, 2010

~~~Displaced Homemakers~~~

The term "displaced homemaker" means this:

An individual,(usually a women), who has either worked primarily without remuneration to care for a home and family and for that reason has diminished marketable skills.

Or, has been dependent on the income of another family member, (in my case, the hubby), but is no longer supported by that income, for whatever reason.

Or, is a parent whose youngest dependent child will become ineligible to receive assistance under part A of title IV of the Social Security Act(42 U.S.C.601 et seq.) not later than 2 years after the date on which the parent applies for assistance under such title; and is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading their employment.

(As described by the Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support)

Wow, I wish I had known WHAT I was, WHEN I was!!

Maybe then I would have known where to go for help, or what I needed to do to save myself a LOT of frustration, desolation, hopelessness, anxiety, and depression.

Oh well, here it comes, you know like the proverbial, "Water Under the Bridge", or "No Use Crying Over Split Milk", "Too Little Too Late". You get the picture.

I will NOT go into detail about my experience as a (displaced homemaker), suffice it to say that it was not only NOT enjoyable, it was pure and utter HELL! I don't recommend it that is for sure! If you are a baby boomer make sure to get your 'ducks in a row' before you go traipsing off into NeverLand like I did.  In other words, make sure you have a NEST-EGG to fall back on. A sizable financial one!

No comments:

Post a Comment